- The most popular cells used in photovoltaic installations are based on silicon polycrystalline (efficiency 14-18%) and monocrystalline (efficiency up to 22%). Cells made of amorphous silicon are affordable. However, despite their high efficiency, their power drops in a fairly short period of operation. Polycrystalline cells are a cost effective solution for solar cells. They obtain energy mainly from scattered radiation.
- Take into account parameters such as peak power Pmax. Power tolerance is equally important. This parameter shows us the difference between the nominal and actual peak power of the panel. Positive value gives us a manufacturer’s warranty. Then the real power will not be less than the nominal power.
Terms of warranty
- Information about the warranty conditions is included in the product card. Usually the warranty period for solar modules is 10-12 years. In addition, you can buy a warranty up to 15 years. The most expensive panels have the longest warranty period. Manufacturers offer up to 20 years warranty here.
- The warranty also covers power gain. In this case, manufacturers guarantee a yield of not less than 90% in the first decade. In the next 15 years they ensure that the power will not fall below 80%.
Does the offer include installation?
- It is worth finding such a photovoltaic installation offer that also includes an assembly service. This should be done by qualified professionals. Self-assembly may result in the loss of warranty on the components of the installation and the risk of health loss. A professional installer is well prepared to take up assembly work and to provide necessary information regarding the operation of the installation.
- Silicon thickness affects the durability of photovoltaic panels and their bending under the influence of temperature. It is worth thinking about what panels we will invest due to the fact that it is a long-term solution.
- When buying a structure, remember that they had strength certificates.
- Make sure the location where you want to place the inverter has wi-fi range. Inverters without a built-in application also do their job. Such inverters are already less popular but still available on the market.
- In the case of cables and connections, particular attention should be paid to the appropriate selection of arresters and grounding installation. Both cables and all mounting hardware should be UV resistant.